Clinical Research Technician
Under general supervision, this position will support all animal clinical studies, including data capture, facility, and animal care maintenance. This position will work as part of a clinical team in the execution of overall clinical site tactical plans for animal studies involving various species, primarily poultry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school education required. Associate in animal sciences or related field preferred.
- Animal care, handling and/or feeding experience preferred but not required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Good organizational, time management and data capture skills.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Must be dependable.
- Must have knowledge of MS office programs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all members of the team.
- Must be willing to learn and follow rigorous documentation practices and the importance or record keeping in a USDA-regulated environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be sitting for 20% of the time, and working in an animal facility 80% of the time, which may include walking, standing, frequent showering, bending, lifting, movement of equipment / animal cages, and cleaning of equipment, animal rooms and materials. Some lifting of packages (mostly feed) of up to 50 lbs. and some use of a hot waterpower washer may be required.
Work will involve moderate exposure to dust, odors, loud noises, and temperature extremes.
Some local travel may be required to off-site study locations.
- Daily animal care, handling, observation.
- Facility monitoring and cleaning as required by site-specific procedures.
- Inoculations, sample collection and final disposition of all animals housed on campus facilities.
- Assist in laboratory procedures required for the preparation of vaccine components, solutions, buffers, and other supplies needed for vaccine production.
- Prepare and maintain recipes, standard operating procedures, clinical study files and other related documents in support of clinical studies.
- Accountable for accurate data capture to ensure compliance with company regulatory and quality systems.
- Cage cleaning and preparation of animal rooms for testing/holding areas.
- Rotating weekend and holiday work will be required.
- Customer Focus
- Integrity, Safety & Compliance
- Achieves Results
- Quality Orientation
- Regulatory Knowledge (USDA,9CFR, IACUC, IBC, QS)
- Critical Thinking
Huvepharma will not accept unsolicited resumes from Staffing Agencies, Placement Services or Professional Recruiters.