Sulmet® Soluble Powder (sodium sulfamethazine) is a water-soluble antibiotic for use in drinking water for beef cattle, cattle, swine, chickens, and turkeys.
For control and treatment when pathogenic organisms are susceptible to sulfamethazine.
Chickens: For the control of infectious coryza (Avibacterium paragallinarum), coccidiosis (Eimeria tenella, Eimeria necatrix), acute fowl cholera (Pasteurella multocida) , pullorum disease (Salmonella Pullorum).
Turkeys: For the control of coccidiosis (Eimeria meleagrimitis, Eimeria adenoeides)
Swine: For the treatment of porcine colibacillosis (bacterial scours) (Escherichia coli) and bacterial pneumonia (Pasteurella spp.)
Cattle: For the treatment of bacterial pneumonia and bovine respiratory disease complex (Pasteurella spp.), colibacillosis (bacterial scours) (Escherichia coli), necrotic pododermatitis (Fusobacterium necrophorum), calf diphtheria (Fusobacterium necrophorum), acute mastitis (Streptococcus spp.)
Beef Cattle: For the treatment of acute mastitis (Streptococcus spp.)
- Federal (USA) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.For best advice in control and treatment ofan animal disease, consult a veterinarian.
- Have only medicated water available during treatment, and check carefully to ensure adequate drug dosage and water intake.
- For best results, treat sick animals individually.
- In poultry, consult a veterinarian or poultry pathologist for diagnosis.
- Exceeding five (5) consecutive days of treatment may cause violative tissue residue to remain beyond the withdrawal time. Do not use in calves under one (1) month of age or calves being fed an all-milk diet. Use in these classes of calves may cause violative residues to remain beyond the withdrawal time.
- Do no use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older. Use of sulfamethazine in this class of cattle may cause milk residues.
- Do not medicate chickens or turkeys producing eggs for human consumption.
- To avoid drug residues in edible flesh, withdraw medication from chickens and turkeys ten (10) days prior to slaughter for food.
- Withdraw medication from swine fifteen (15) days prior to slaughter for food.
- Treated cattle must not be slaughtered for at least ten (10) days after the last dose.
Restricted Drug (California) - Use only as directed.
NOT FOR HUMAN USE. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
See label for complete product directions.
Active Ingredient or Composition