Technical Service Nutritionist, Cattle
The Technical Service Nutritionist will be a key technical support person for all Huvepharma nutrition-related cattle products. They will work closely with Huvepharma customers, assisting them with implementing products/programs and troubleshooting problems. They will assist sales with their close interaction with customers and by recommending Huvepharma products when appropriate. They will assist in the development of new products and support of existing products. Their sound professional advice will be an important tool in growing confidence in Huvepharma products. This position will primarily focus on cattle accounts. The position will have some limited interaction with Huvepharma’s European and Latin American Operations.
- M.Sc or Ph.D. in Ruminant Nutrition, Physiology, or similar discipline
- Technical Service experience, Live production experience, well connected, and with a good reputation in the industry (minimum of 5 years combined experience).
- Emphasis in feedlot, stocker, backgrounder and cow/calf product support is desired
- Strong existing customer network is required
- Understanding of Dairy Nutrition preferred
- Experience and strong understanding of the sales process and the role technical support plays in that process.
- Must be able to play a key role in the new product development process.
- Must be able to make sound recommendations of products to customers, and be comfortable recommending Huvepharma products whenever possible.
- Must be comfortable in dealing with senior management in USA and Europe
- Ability to transfer existing experience and knowledge to support of Huvepharma staff and products.
- Self-Starter, requiring very little guidance
- Willing to make critical analysis and recommendations on products and actively support needed changes.
- Able to use their technical expertise as a sales and marketing tool for Huvepharma products
- Strong People Skills; Ability to communicate comfortably with clients (Serviceman to Nutritionist).
- Multi-tasker – able to wear many hats
- Confidence, Drive
- Motivated, passionate in conviction toward company and its products.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Huvepharma’s Products.
- Comprehension of Huvepharma’s current focus and active participation in the development of that vision.
- A strong working relationship with all Huvepharma account managers. Willingness to answers their questions and support them in the field.
- Develop a strong credible relationship with customers (existing or potential), and become a solutions provider and resource for Huvepharma customers.
- Interact on behalf of Huvepharma with industry groups and academia.
- Play an active role in designing and overseeing trials for commercial growth and new product development.
- Assist sales in building relationships that enhance our business.
- The candidate should expect to be travel 40-50% of the year with the majority of that travel being domestic. Occasional international travel will likely be required.
To apply please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org