Strategic Account Manager, Poultry
Huvepharma, Inc. is seeking an experienced Strategic Account Manager to manage Key strategic customer relationships and develop new business in the Feed Companies and Integrators.
To be successful in this role, our candidate must have:
- Strong knowledge relating to US poultry production including key decision‐makers and influencers, practices and trends, and most‐importantly can act to position the team to capitalize on economic and industry‐driven fundamentals.
- A broad/deep understanding of the technical foundation for efficacy and performance of HVP products.
- Track record of success in sales, marketing, and distribution of animal health and/or nutrition products to the poultry sector.
- In tune with the regulatory environment as it affects the promotion, use and safety of nutritional and medicated feed additives and other product lines.
- Business leader who has an in‐depth knowledge of the poultry health and nutrition sector at all levels, including poultry production fundamentals, competition, market segments, and relevant technical aspects. Capable of translating his/her expertise into actionable sales plans.
- Excellent awareness and proven ability to understand and proactively target opportunities of financial implication and interdependencies of between sales, distribution, and supply chain on the P&L.
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills; developing product expertise, sales/account planning, territory management, business development, and sales skills.
- Strong command of financial and business drivers within the poultry, industry.
- Possesses a high degree of physical and intellectual energy, emotional intelligence, and the proven ability to develop relationships and deliver on sales goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or Agriculture field preferred or twenty plus years of experience in the animal health or poultry industry.
- Advanced degree/MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years in sales/marketing management experience within the US poultry industry.
- Experience in selling nutritional and medicated feed additives.
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with strategic customers and key influencers that result in greater sales of product.
- Work with the Director of Poultry business unit and sales manager to help leverage customer relationships throughout the poultry industry.
- Identify and build relationships with key relevant industry influencers that will allow for further penetration into the poultry industry, including Veterinarians, Nutritionists, Producers and Distributors.
- Utilize excellent presentation and selling skills to identify and demonstrate the need for our product offerings.
- Able to manage a broad geographic area and identify the call points to achieve sales targets and business objectives.
- Build and maintain knowledge of industry trends and be able to qualify the differences between our product and the competitors’ products.
- Build trust with customers through developing reliability, credibility and follow-up.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and deliver necessary sales results.
- Able to work with fellow Territory Managers and Vet and Nutritional Technical Services in a technical sales environment as a team.
- Able to represent Huvepharma at trade shows.
To apply please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org