Sr. Territory Manager, Cattle
North Dakota, Eastern South Dakota, Minnesota and Northern Iowa
Huvepharma, Inc. is seeking an experienced Territory Manager to manage existing customer relationships and develop new business in the Feed Mill, stocker, feedlot and cow/calf and dairy sectors. This position will be responsible for sales contacts with key veterinarians, dairies, cattle operations and animal health dealers in assigned territory.
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) in Agriculture, Animal Science, Beef Nutrition or related field
- Experience in sales, preferably in the animal health sector or agriculture industry.
- Knowledge and Experience of Food Animal production.
- Knowledge and Experience in feed mills operations.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent oral, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Willing to drive to customer locations across defined territory.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Able to make independent decisions within defined guidelines
- Knowledge and experience of the operation of feed mills.
- Knowledge and experience of the operation of beef and dairy production systems.
- Ability to travel daily, with overnight stays (60-75% travel).
- Must be able to work independently from a home office.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and climb stairs.
- Achieve territory sales targets and corporate objectives. Represent and sell Huvepharma products, programs and services to existing customers.
- Prospect and seek new customers and sales opportunities to expand product use.
- Implement Huvepharma vaccine territory sales plans to achieve sales and corporate targets
- Implement sales and marketing plans in territory per annual plan.
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with customers in the feed mill and beef and dairy production sectors that result in greater sales of product.
- Identify and build relationships with key cattle industry influencers that will allow for further penetration into the beef & dairy sectors, including Veterinarians, Nutritionists, Producers and Distributors.
- Utilize excellent presentation and selling skills to identify and demonstrate the need for our product offering with key Feed Mills and Calf Ranches.
- Conduct producer, grower, dealer and veterinary meetings in territory.
- Initiate sales contact with key influential customers in territory.
- Provide territory and market activities in regards to competition, products, pricing, programs, and competitors to the marketing staff at Huvepharma.
- Develop annual sales plan for assigned Huvepharma sales territory.
- Report to and support direction given by Sales Management
- Prepare weekly sales and expense reports on a timely basis and submit to reporting manager.
- Represent professionally Huvepharma at regional or state trade shows focusing on sales and lead generation of prospects.
- Communicate with customer service to optimize customer satisfaction, achieve sales targets in accordance to company policies and objectives.
- Train and develop key distributor representatives on key Huvepharma products.
- Analyze customer data and target customers to achieve best results.
- In put weekly sales call and competitive intelligence information into CRM system
- Develop and provide quarterly territory plans to sales/marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org